Prague Center for Middle East RelationsThe Prague Center for Middle East Relations (PCMR) was established in September 2019 as an internal research, education and advisory facility of CEVRO Institute.
Roundtable with Ron Schleifer “Israeli Experience with Psychological Operations: Lessons Learned (and Not Learned)”
Prague Centre for Middle East Relations (PCMR) of CEVRO Institute organized a roundtable entitled “Israeli Experience with Psychological Operations: Lessons Learned (and Not Learned).” Our distinguished guest was dr. Ron Schleifer, Israeli expert on psychological warfare and and military-media relations.
Vojtěch Bílý, Research Fellow of Prague Prague Centre for Middle East Relations (PCMR) of CEVRO Institute participated at a closed roundtable entitled “Czechia’s Engagement in Africa: An Issue of Geopolitics?.” The event was held on May 16, 2023 the sidelines of the annual conference “Multilateral Czechia” organized by the Institute for International Affairs (IIR) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
Prague Center for Transatlantic Relations (PCTR) and Prague Center for Middle East Relations (PCMR) of CEVRO Institute organized a public debate “Armenia’s Democratic Journey in a Turbulent Region: The Need for Stability and Security” with the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia, Nikol Pashinyan. The even took place on Thursday, May 4 at 18:00 at CEVRO Institute.
Message of the PCMR Director
Middle East and North Africa (MENA) have been undergoing significant political turbulences that affect not only regional stability and security but also international politics. The Arab Spring leading to profound changes in regimes and governance in some of the countries, ongoing armed conflicts, migration crisis and threat of Islamic extremism are all issues that are discussed in media on daily basis that we feel do not have enough attention in academic and public policy sphere in the Czech Republic and consequently also in the wider Central Europe.
- Our mission is to further in-depth academic understanding of the rapid security, political and social economic changes in the Middle East and North Africa through conducting up to date policy-oriented research.
- We also aim to develop relevant recommendations regarding the developments in the MENA region to assist decision-making processes both in the Czech Republic and in wider Central Europe.
- We also focus on enriching contemporary debate among academia, decision-makers and wider public regarding the challenges and opportunities the MENA region currently faces and its implications for both domestic and foreign policy-making of European countries.
- We aspire to fill in the existing gap in the landscape of think-tanks in the Czech Republic and in wider Central Europe by focusing on current issues in the MENA region.
- We endeavour to become a leading research institution in Central Europe concentrating on producing high-quality, practice-oriented research results regarding the developments in the MENA region.
- We aim at cultivating academic, media, and public policy debate regarding the MENA region and challenges it faces in order to identify opportunities and tackle threats stemming from rapid changes in the area.